DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: FEBRUARY 29th, 2016
FOXY (Fostering Open eXpression among Youth) is an arts-based sexual/mental health and leadership organization with an office located in Yellowknife. We offer programming for Northern and Indigenous young women (and soon, young men!) across the Canadian North. Our focus is on the process of learning through the arts, rather than producing artistic masterpieces. We are recruiting a Digital Storytelling Facilitator for two FOXY Peer Leader Retreats that will be offered to Northern youth who identify as female in summer 2016. These Retreats will occur at beautiful Blachford Lake Lodge, NWT, which is a 20-minute floatplane flight from Yellowknife.
The ideal FOXY Digital Storytelling Facilitator:
– LOVES working with youth (aged 13-17 years)
– Thinks creatively and outside the box
– Enjoys being challenged
– Works well within a diverse team
– Has experience with producing short films and facilitating film workshops with youth
– Has interest/experience in comprehensive sexual health education, mental health, health promotion, leadership education with youth, the North
– Is adaptable and flexible as the Retreat is a constantly evolving environment
– Is available July 26-August 5 and/or August 10-19, 2016 and can be at Blachford Lake Lodge with little or no Internet/phone access for a week at a time
– Can provide a clean criminal records check (including vulnerable sector)
– Should have valid First Aid/CPR certification
– Applicants who identify as women or with womanhood/femininity, please; preference will be given to long-time Northerners and/or those who identify as Indigenous
This is a contract position; honoraria will be provided (as well as airfare and travel expenses for an individual who resides outside Yellowknife). All accommodation/food expenses are covered while at Blachford Lake Lodge. For more information about FOXY, please check out our website at www.arcticfoxy.com, find us on Facebook at facebook.com/arcticfoxyNWT, or on Twitter @Arctic_FOXY.
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to FOXY Executive Director Candice Lys at Candice@arcticfoxy.com by February 29, 2016 at 5 pm.