We are thrilled to announce that FOXY (Fostering Open eXpression among Youth) has been named the 2014 Laureate of the Arctic Inspiration Prize. The Arctic Inspiration Prize is a $1 million dollar prize awarded annually to groups contributing to the collection of Arctic knowledge, and are committed to the implementation of their knowledge into real-world application for the benefit of the people of the Canadian Arctic.
FOXY has been offering sexual health education and leadership training to young women across the Northwest Territories since March 2012. We are excited to announce that this recognition will allow us to make the following expansions to our program:
– FOXY workshops available to schools in the Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut;
– A parallel sexual health education program for young men, to be delivered in schools around the Territories;
– A Peer Leadership Retreat program dedicated to educating and empowering young men from across the North to become leaders in their own communities;
– Adaptations to address LGBTQ* youth in Canada’s North; and
– Long-term evaluation of FOXY to identify the benefits of the program on its participants.
The FOXY Team wishes to thank all the educators, youth, sponsors, and leaders who have invited us into their communities and helped us develop FOXY into the success it is today. We are looking forward to many years of bringing FOXY to Northern youth of all genders and all territories.
For media inquiries, interviews, more information about our programming or the Arctic Inspiration Prize, please visit www.arcticfoxy.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.