DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS: MAY 15th, 2017
FOXY (Fostering Open eXpression among Youth) is an arts-based sexual/mental health and leadership organization with an office located in Yellowknife. We offer programming for Northern and Indigenous youth across the Canadian North through our FOXY and SMASH (Strength, Masculinities, and Sexual Health) programs. Our focus is on the process of learning through the arts. We are recruiting Digital Storytelling Facilitators for two FOXY Peer Leader Retreats and a SMASH Retreat that will be offered to Northern youth in summer 2017. These Retreats will occur at beautiful Blachford Lake Lodge, NWT, which is a 20-minute floatplane flight from Yellowknife.
The ideal Digital Storytelling Facilitator:
– LOVES working with youth (aged 13-17 years)
– Thinks creatively and outside the box
– Enjoys being challenged
– Works well within a diverse team
– Has experience with producing short films and facilitating film workshops with youth
– Has interest/experience in comprehensive sexual health education, mental health, health promotion, leadership education with youth, the North
– Is adaptable and flexible as the Retreat is a constantly evolving environment
– Is available July 4-14, 2017 and/or July 24-August 2, 2017 and/or August 9-18, 2017 and can be at Blachford Lake Lodge with little or no Internet/phone access for a week at a time
– Can provide a clean criminal records check (including vulnerable sector)
– Valid First Aid/CPR certification preferred
– Preference will be given to long-time Northerners and/or those who identify as Indigenous
This is a contract position; honoraria will be provided (as well as airfare and travel expenses for an individual who resides outside Yellowknife). All accommodation/food expenses are covered while at Blachford Lake Lodge. For more information about FOXY/SMASH, please check out our websites at arcticfoxy.com and arcticsmash.ca, find us on Facebook at facebook.com/arcticfoxyNWT and facebook.com/ArcticSMASH, or on Twitter @Arctic_FOXY.
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to FOXY Executive Director Candice Lys at Candice@arcticfoxy.com by May 15th at 5 pm.